Vancouver Film School has set up 1 Women in Acting Entrance Scholarship to a female Sisler student who meets the following criteria:
- Student must be accepted (or has applied) to VFS Acting for Film and Televisionprogram within one calendar year of graduating from Sisler High School before receiving scholarship,
- Student must apply for scholarship,
- Sisler staff will consult with VFS Educational Administration and Admission in the awarding of the “VFS Women in Acting” Scholarships each year.
- VFS reserves the right to review and approve scholarship winners based on the mutually agreed upon criteria.
- Female Student who has the highest average grade from the courses from 9-12 in the listed course pathway from section F of the MOU, (note: and/or satisfies the criteria determined by the scholarship selection committee).
Tuition reduction can be applied directly to the total VFS tuition in an academic year for the VFS Acting for Film & Television
- The Women in Acting Scholarship is a cumulative award – and can be combined with the Merit-based Scholarship offered at VFS.
- The Women in Acting Scholarship cannot be combined with an Excellence in Media or Horizon scholarship
- The program start date for Scholarship recipients is subject to seat availability.
Sisler ACTING PATHWAY to the following VFS program:
SISLER HIGH SCHOOL COURSE
TUITION MERIT SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT
|Grade 9||80% -89%||90% – 95%||96% -100%|
|Exploration of IDM||$100||$150||$200|
|Intro to Digital Film||$100||$150||$200|
|Advanced Movie Making||$200||$250||$300|
|IDM Project Management||$250||$300||$350|
|Futures in IDM||$250||$300||$350|