What an amazing 2 days of Animation awesomeness!
Thank you students, Disney, Manitoba Film & Music, Tangent Animation Studios and most of all Trent Correy. You keep on inspiring the future generation of animators.
The MAniJam (Manitoba Animation Jam Out Session) is a creative experience brought to you by Sisler IDM, Disney Animator Trent Correy, Tangent Animation Studios and Manitoba Film & Music. Over 120 student film-makers, animators & artists learned about the real industry and how to get there. In addition to the wonderful talks & workshops, students were challenged to create an animation starting and ending in a circle on a stage using any medium, such as: paper & pencil, Adobe Flash, Adobe After Effects and/or Adobe Photoshop in just 3 hours. We had a blast!
Here is what we covered:
- 9:00 – 10:15: Presentation: Trent’s Path to working at Disney/Portfolio
- 10:30 – 11:45: Animation Jam begins
- 12:45 – 2:00: Animation Jam (continued) – Submit exported animations at 3:30.
- 2:10 – 3:10: Pitching a story to executives and how to start an animated short film
- 9:00 – 9:45: The Animation Pipeline & How to get into the animation industry talk
- 10:00 – 10:20: Animation Jam Showcase of student work compiled as one short film
- 10:30 – 11:45: How to Draw Caricature Workshop
- 12:45 – 1:30: Hands-on workshop on Appeal & Solid Drawing (Principles of Animation)
- 1:40 – 2:30: Showcase of Animation Pipeline/Portfolio to special education students