New STEAM Horizon Awards for high school students
Do you know one or more students who stand out as leaders, achievers, or innovators? With limitless drive, ambition, and determination?
There’s a new opportunity for up to seven students each to receive a $25,000 prize for their post-secondary education — including two prizes for Indigenous youth.
Deadline for applications: January 9, 2017
- Must be a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident of Canada
- Must be between 16 and 18 years old at the time of application
- Must be recognized for STEAM-related accomplishments (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math)
- Must be maintaining a minimum academic average of 85%
- Must either be preparing to enroll, or currently enrolled, in their first year of post-secondary education. The enrolment must be in a STEAM field in Canada
For more information consult the STEAM website.
The STEAM Horizon Award has been set up by the Canada Science and Technology Museums Corporation Foundation. This is a national Foundation supporting the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum, the Canada Aviation and Space Museum, and the Canada Science and Technology Museum. The Foundation began its work in 2007 to share the human stories of Canadian innovation, and to inspire the next generation of great innovators. The Foundation achieves this by inspiring youth, sharing science and discoveries, encouraging innovation, protecting heritage, and sharing culture.