Workshop: The Basics of Game Jamming
Hosts: Graeme Borland and Amy Gerardy
We are so delighted to have 2 amazing Game Jamming leaders from the Winnipeg GameDev community leading workshops at our Game On conference.
Game On is Sisler High School’s annual game conference where students can learn from industry experts, showcase a game/app and build a game/app. This year’s conference is a two-day event. The first day will consist of student workshop led by industry experts where students will learn different skills to create a game. On the second day students (grade 6-8) will create their own game and learn 21st century skills such as collaborating, critical thinking, communication, and creativity. Students in grades 9-12 will demonstrate a game or app they have worked on over the past year in a “Game Demo Fair” and be judged by industry. These skills have always been important for students, and now in the 21st century these skills are now more essential than ever. Students need to think deeply, solve problems creatively, work in teams, communicate clearly, and learn new technologies as they create their game.
- When: Thursday, February 2 and Friday, February 3 of Exam week @ end of Semester 1
- Who can participate: Students in grades 6-12 from any Winnipeg School Division school
- Team size: 3 students per team (maximum of 3 teams per school … excluding Sisler).
- Where: Sisler IDM
- Fee: No Fee (thanks to partners)
- Lunch & Snacks: Provided (thanks to partners)
Check out their work: