Open to Youth aged 16 -19 years old. Program runs from February 8 – April 26, 2017
Lead Mentor: Milos Mitrovic Program Partner: Winnipeg Film Group
This program, led by a professional filmmaker, will introduce participants to the art of filmmaking, from writing and storytelling to the technical side of making films. Youth will meet with a variety of guest mentors from Manitoba’s film industry. Participants will have the opportunity to make and screen a short film.
Location: Winnipeg Film Group – 3rd Floor – 100 Arthur St.
Time: 6:00 – 8:00
Dates: Every Wednesday, from Feb. 8 until Apr. 27 (No session on March
29th due to Spring Break). There will also be a one-weekend shoot – April 8 & 9.
Film screening special event – Wednesday, April 26 at Cinematheque
All selected youth will:
- Demonstrate strong aptitude and interest in storytelling, writing, communications or technical aspects of filmmaking.
- Articulate concise goals for participation (on the application form).
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and enthusiasm for learning.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills -program communication will be conductedon-line.
- Discuss your application with a ‘nominator’ (adult not related to you), who is a present or former teacher or other leader in an artistic discipline
- Have nominator fill out the Nominator’s Form (part of your Application Form) and ask that it be returned to you
- Fill out the application form – include a teacher’s signature, if you are in high school.
- Submit completed form along with your resume if you have one. Applicants under 18years of age require the signature of a parent or guardian.
Applications are online – Submit to:
ACI Manitoba, 300-245 McDermot Ave Winnipeg MB, R3B 0S6 By Fax: 204.927.2789 or By Email: email@example.com Visit our website: creativemanitoba.ca or call 204 927-2787
APPLICATION DEADLINE is: Friday, November 25, 2016
Arts & Cultural Industries Association of Manitoba (ACI)
Careers in the Arts funded by the Province of Manitoba